04 November 2015

My Top Countries for Delicious Food

One of my favorite things to do, when we're traveling, is try new food. It's a great way to explore somewhere new, and you can't stick to what you know when you travel. I can try things I wouldn't be able to have at home, and I can learn about dishes that I can try to recreate myself. It also helps you discover more about your hometown because you might look for restaurants serving new cuisine when you get home. There are many countries that are fantastic for food, but some are better than others. Here are my top destinations for eating your way through your vacation.



Spain



The countries in Europe have very diverse cuisines, but one of the best places to go to has to be Spain. The different regions have their own cooking, so you can get varying experiences, depending on where you go. Eating in Barcelona could be very different to eating in Murcia. There are some of Spain's most famous dishes and produce to try, from paella to Iberico ham. Of course, you can enjoy the great tradition of tapas, where you can have lots of small plates. I love this idea because it means you can try lots of delicious things at once.



Thailand



Like Europe, you can find a diverse range of foods across Asia too. Thailand is always held up as one of the best countries on the continent to visit for food. I agree that Thai food is some of the best in the world! You can find some fantastic street food to start with, just by wandering around in the right places. But the cuisine goes all the way up to more upmarket restaurants, where you can enjoy some gourmet food. Traditionally, Thai cooking has to have the flavors of spicy, sour, salty and sweet.


5863855957_bed01c083c_z.jpg



Italy



Another European country famous for its food, Italy has spread its cuisine all over the world. You can find delicious Italian dishes everywhere, but there's nothing like enjoying them in the country where they come from. People often think of pizza and pasta when it comes to Italian food, but there's more to it than that. You can try so many things on a visit to Italy, from bread to cold meats. Taking a food tour with emiliadelizia.com, or even having some Italian cooking lessons, is a great way to explore the cuisine.



India



India is another country where the food can vary from one region to another. You'll find very different food in the north and in the south. In the north, meals are based on roti bread, while in the south they eat rice. Even from one town to the next, you can find interesting differences. Like Thailand, you can find both delicious street food and upmarket restaurants. And there's everything in between available too.

I can't go traveling without trying new food, and I always encourage my daughter to try too. I can't wait for my next trip to taste some exciting new flavors.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home