07 January 2016

Important Lessons I've Learned as a Seasonsed Traveller

As you’ll be aware from my blog, I am a pretty seasoned traveller. I love going abroad and having new experiences. Travel is one of my favourite hobbies and pastimes. And I try to get away as often as I can. Now, there’s no secret formula to the perfect trip away. The more you travel, the more you learn, and this helps you improve the experience the next time around.

And you need to learn these important things for yourself. Now, each person will have a different experience when they take a vacation. So it’s difficult to gauge what issues they might encounter. But I would like to share with you some of the lessons I’ve learned as a seasoned traveller. These can all be applied to any holiday and I hope you will use them to have a more enjoyable time.


plane.jpg


Exchange When You Reach Your Destination

The first thing I’d recommend is to exchange money when you reach your destination. Now, you might want to do some before you get out there. It will depend on your flight time and transfer etc. I like to make sure I have enough money changed up to get a taxi from the airport, get some food, and maybe for emergencies. Other than that I like to leave my money as it is and then change it up when I get there. The reason for this is that you tend to get a better rate by doing it this way. If you’re happier changing everything before you go then do, but otherwise, save some to change when you hit your destination.


Always Choose Apartment Over Hotel

When it comes to accommodation, many people differ on preferences. I have a friend who will only ever stay in hotels. It doesn’t matter where she goes; it has to be a hotel. But, I have found from experience that holiday apartments actually make a more logical choice. I love the freedom and space that I get from staying in short term rentals than in hotels. An apartment gives me the luxury of spending a night in if I want to. And there isn’t the cramped feeling you get with hotel rooms.


Plan What You’re Going to Do Before You Go

If there’s one thing I wish I knew when I first started travelling it’s to plan everything in advance.  I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve missed out on seeing and doing wonderful things because I’ve got planned it. There are so many things that have passed me by in the past, and I never let it happen anymore. Always research the place you’re going and pick out a list of things you’d like to do. Then you can set about planning out when and where you’re going to do them. This is what I do now so I get to experience everything that a place has to offer.

You can take it from me as an experienced traveller that there are certain lessons to be learned. That means you need to prepare for them in order to get the most out of your holiday experience. Have a look at the suggestions I’ve listed, and bear them in mind. They are all things I have found help me have a more enjoyable vacation.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home