17 February 2016

Palm Plaza Hotel Review in Manila

I booked a double bedroom for a night last Sep. 24-25, 2015 in Palm Plaza Hotel which is near the famous landmarks in Manila like Luneta, Malate, Roxas Blvd. and other places of interest within easy reach.

The hotel is very easy to find. It is located along the stretch of Pedro Gil, very near to Robinson's Place Manila, Department of Justice, Philippine General Hospital, and the Malate area. You can go to the hotel via public transportations like the railway transit, public jeepneys, buses or taxis plying the route of Manila.










What I like:
Free wifi
Very polite and customer-service oriented staff
Clean rooms
Location
Accessibility via various transportation means
Near malls, churches
Plenty of restaurants and food outlet within walking distance
The price is ok considering it is an old hotel. I still consider the rate within the budget range.


What I don't like:
Outdated furnitures
Tiled floor which tends to get cold when you don't have spare slippers to wear around
Slight noise from public transportations and nearby bars
The lights are not enough in the room. I feel it was a bit dark.
No available parking in the hotel. Parking is nearby on other establishment.


Room rate: 
I booked using Booking.com and got a good deal of around Php 1200++ per double bedroom per night without breakfast.


Nearby attractions:
Malate Church
Luneta Park
Intramuros
Roxas Boulevard



My recommendation: 3 out of 5



I am still giving this hotel a good rate because of the friendly, efficient and very courteous staff. Everyone was helpful and we felt at home and secured in their premise. I also like the fact that it offered free wi-fi and the location was fantastic!

I am not sure if this hotel is a good fit for families with younger kids as this location is near the "Red Light District" but not really in that locale. You will find videoke bars and restaurants nearby.

If you wish to book in this hotel or find other accommodations in Manila or anywhere in the world, check out the search field below for other budget accommodations:


Booking.com
This hotel has 133 rooms and other usual amenities like air-conditioned rooms, business center, laundry/pressing, room service, etc.
Located at 524 Pedro Gil Corner M. Adriatico Street, Malate, Malate, 1004 Manila, Philippines

Disclaimer:
I personally booked and paid for this stay. I was not compensated by the property in any way to write this review.


(All photos are my personal property. Pls. do not use without my permission.)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home