08 April 2017

Kolbice - Affordable Tasty Sausages in Budapest

When my colleague and I traveled to Budapest last September, we didn't know what their staple was except for their love for paprika. I did some digging and found out that there are many food to taste in Budapest. And one of them are the tasty sausages in a cone they call Kolbice.




Our hotel is just a stone's throw away from this small food outlet that sells tasty sausages. The sausages are small like a cocktail sausage served in a cone bread with sesame seed and some seasoning of your choice like . The food kiosk is called Kolbice. They serve nice Hungarian street food and the sausages are really nice!

I ordered a Classic as I am not sure about having spicy sauce to go with it so I just asked for a mayonnaise. My colleague and I loved the cone bread with sausages. The sausages aren't so salty. The mayonnaise added a nice flavour to the whole meal. I wish I ordered more! The price is also very affordable considering it is filling. I paid 990 HUF which is around US$3.30. Not bad if you're eating several sausages served in a cone.




So, if you're visiting Budapest for the first time, check out the Kolbice and order the nice cone bread with sausages.

This is the shop just near the entrance of the Arany Janos Metro Station in Budapest.




Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home