15 March 2013

All Set For Spring Trip

This is my birthday gift to me - a relaxing, nature-tripping, cold-weather bashing time in New York and  Buffalo.  Every now and then, I just have to get out of the rut and enjoy my hard earned labour and just go for it.

My only concern this time is my on and off fever due to my pharyngitis and viral flu. Knowing my adverse reactions to most medications, I can only hope and pray that I be well enough to go through the travel. And knowing myself, I will do everything to get on the flight and enjoy New York.

Logistics are set. Hotels are paid for. Rental car is reserved. Plane tickets purchased. Luggages prepared. We're only waiting for the travel date. I also hope the flights don't get too full as we are traveling with my mom-in-law who will be coming from Manila via Dubai to New York. And we don't want to inconvenience her and she's already 76. I hope she can catch up with severe jet lag. Pacific to Atlantic is not a good way to fly to the US. I know that from my experience before. The jet lag wore off 3 weeks after. I just pray that her excitement can overshadow her jet lag so she can enjoy the beauty of New York during spring.

Talking about the weather, I keep checking the weather forecast for any storm brewing. So far, none and I pray it stay that way although rain showers are here and there. I can live with that just not the slushy snow.

We will be spending few days with my cousins in Brooklyn again.  Then we'll be heading off to Bufalo   and Niagara Falls. We will be staying there for 5 days to enjoy the countryside and of course, marvel at the beauty of God's creation - the Niagara Falls. It would have been nice to cross to the Canada side but we haven't applied for a Canadian Visa. We'll probably settle for the US side at the moment. Besides, there are plenty of outlet malls nearby and who will resist that? Not me! Remember, it's my birthday gift!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At March 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM , Anonymous riz said...

New York. How nice. I wish you well, sis. So that you'll enjoy your grand vacay.

 
At March 22, 2013 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Makoy said...

Have fun with your vacation and I can't wait to see your holiday pictures!

 
At March 22, 2013 at 11:18 PM , Blogger Chubskulit Rose said...

I hope you feel better sis so you could enjoy your vacay here in the US. Malamig pa din dito eh..

 
At March 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM , Anonymous jheylo said...

sounds like you are pretty much ready, all you need is yourself and hope you are better during your trip

 
At March 23, 2013 at 4:06 PM , Anonymous Peachy @ The Wandering Peach said...

Have a great trip and have fun!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home