26 May 2013

Munich, Germany Part 1

I have taken this post from my other blog, It's My Party and moved it here since this post is relevant to my travel blog's niche.

We visited Munich, Germany in late August of 2008 before my daughter's school started. We had fun seeing the beautiful attractions of Munich and enjoyed our visit to the Nymphenburg Palace. The weather was great, not too cold and not too hot. The old buildings around the square in Marienplatz and Karlplatz were a marriage of old and new architecture. Just amazing! I don't mind going back to Munich and explore more of it's beauty.

Here are snaps from Munich and do hope that I did justice to the beautiful scenic spots there. Enjoy!


Above is the Rathaus, the new town hall located at Marienplatz. In the same building is the Glockenspiel, a very large chime and clock. It gives off a nice chime on certain times during the day
and we were waiting for the "cuckoo" to do its thing and for the puppets in the tower to dance.

Posing while waiting...
Posing again...

Finally, the chime went off at 11 a.m. lasting for more than 3 minutes.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At June 4, 2013 at 3:02 PM , Anonymous Josiet said...

That's a lovely place to visit! And I'm sure watching the cuckoo and the puppets was enjoyable :)

 
At June 4, 2013 at 6:00 PM , Anonymous jennyL said...

Thanks for taking me on a tour to Germany through your photos for I don;t think I can ever go there.. yay!

 
At June 5, 2013 at 12:14 AM , Anonymous Rcel said...

Sis, you are a certified world-traveler! Kung saan-sang lupalop na ng mundo na pala narating mo! :D Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures! I dream of traveling Germany, too, someday! :D

 
At June 5, 2013 at 2:28 AM , Blogger betchai said...

love those intricate architectural design, am always awed looking at them for it reminds me of how much time, talent, skill and effort were put in to come up with those designs. you and your daughter looks so lovely, like sisters

 
At June 5, 2013 at 3:47 AM , Anonymous kulasa said...

A marriage of old and new architecture is what I would love to see there too and more of course! wow...for now I could only marvel at your wonderful photos...your smiles show how much fun you had! thanks for taking me there virtually! :)

 
At June 5, 2013 at 8:14 AM , Blogger papaleng said...

I first encountered the word Munich noong 1972 Olympics. Ang ganda pala ng place. I like the architecture of that building.

 
At June 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM , Blogger J.Rylie.C said...

Para lang kayong magkapatid ng anak mo sis. I have a friend who live in Germany and she is inviting us to come someday.

 
At June 5, 2013 at 5:41 PM , Anonymous Quima said...

Wow. I really do hope that I could travel out of the country soon. Kahit sa Asia lang :)

 
At June 5, 2013 at 10:37 PM , Anonymous Cheerful said...

thanks for bringing us to germany this time...i always love to read your travel stories, must be really nice to be there! i hope you didn't waited that love for the chime to went off, but i am sure its fun to see how it works! :) until your next destination...

 
At June 17, 2013 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Yet another virtual tour... Oh Germany! How I wish to see you someday!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home