05 March 2014

Things To Do In Harajuku and Omotesando Area in Tokyo



Harajuku and Omotesando are nice places to visit in Tokyo. They are both located in Shibuya Ward and are close to each other so if you visit one place, you cannot miss the other.

Harajuku was formerly referred to as Onden which is a low-lying area near the Meiji Street. Now, it is very famous for its quaint little shops in Takeshita Street and the young cosplayers walking around during weekends.



Nearby area is Omotesando. It stretches from the foot of Takeshita Street all the way down to Aoyama Dori where the Omotesando Station is located. It is known for as home to some of the well-known brands like Louis Vuitton, Prada, Dior, Herzog and many more, all close to each other. It is sometimes touted as the Champs Elysees of Tokyo.

If you find yourself wandering in Tokyo, make time to visit these 2 places for a nice walk along the famous streets and a look in some of the high-end brands in Tokyo. There are other things to do aside from window-shopping. Here are things you can do in Harajuku and Omotesando.







HARAJUKU

  • Visit Takeshita Dori
  • Shop at the quaint stores in Takeshita
  • Walk the stretch of Takeshita all the way to the other end leading to Omotesando
  • People watch, especially the young cosplayers during weekend
  • Try out their famous crepe in cone
  • Visit the Yoyogi Park
  • Visit the Meiji Jingu Shrine
  • Shop at the big Daiso Shop
  • Visit Yoyogi National Stadium





OMOTESANDO

  • Shop along the "5th Avenue" of Tokyo
  • Visit Kiddyland if you're the kid at heart. It has loads of toys and has several floors full of fun!
  • Visit the Oriental Bazaar which sells Japanese souvenirs
  • Visit Cat Street
  • Visit the nearby Shibuya Crossing




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

19 Comments:

At March 7, 2014 at 8:14 PM , Anonymous Chubskulit Rose said...

Japan is very similar to Korea when it comes to small shopping areas, food, and some of their cultures. Hay kelan kaya ako makakapagliwaliw sa Japan lol.

 
At March 7, 2014 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Nova said...

I've never seen or known the place until you mentioned them, something i would consider to visit someday.

 
At March 8, 2014 at 3:01 AM , Anonymous Mhie said...

Japan is a nice place to visit but expensive one. I like the food and attractions there.

 
At March 8, 2014 at 8:44 AM , Anonymous Juliana said...

Japan is a great place to visit. I've only been to Japan on business trip particularly in Kobe (where P & G is housed) and in Tokyo. It will be nice to go back someday :-)

 
At March 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM , Anonymous Liza said...

Sunday is the best time to be in Harajuku. That's when you see a lot of people in the streets wearing costumes. :)

 
At March 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

This is one country in my bucket list. Hope to visit it someday. My friend and her family were stationed in Japan and she told me she love it there better than US.

 
At March 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is a nice blog! We know now what to do and when to exactly do it! Good work!

 
At March 9, 2014 at 3:19 AM , Anonymous Anne Mary said...

My husband lived in Japan for 15 years and he would like to visit it someday with us, he said Japan has many attraction that we will love.

 
At March 9, 2014 at 3:54 AM , Anonymous Winnie Aurelio said...

I really wanted to visit Japan soon. I wanted to see the Cherry Blossoms. hahaha! should this come true, I would like visit this area for some some shopping and I now know who to ask more information ;)

 
At March 9, 2014 at 4:48 AM , Blogger FX777222999 said...

I never been to any place like Japan, Korea, but I have some knowledge about the place. Your article gives me more than that. Really, Japan has a lot to offer when it comes to tourist spots.

 
At March 9, 2014 at 7:50 AM , Blogger FX777222999 said...

Good place to explore and purchase something for family. It's like the usual market place with sidewalk vendors.

 
At March 9, 2014 at 11:19 AM , Anonymous Ethel said...

OMG is it true that it's super expensive in Harajuku? I wish there were more pictures about the place. I've always wanted to be there!!!

 
At March 9, 2014 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Jonas Labagala said...

If I'm in Tokyo, I will take note of these places and what I admire is the cleanliness of their city. I don't mind walking whole day just to look at the surroundings and clean environment of Japan. :)

 
At March 9, 2014 at 9:11 PM , Anonymous Chubskulit Rose said...

Sis, since you have an access to travel deals, would you mind buzzing me if there is one for Japan? TIA!

 
At March 10, 2014 at 5:17 AM , Anonymous Rcel said...

My sister lives in Fukuoka and has mentioned to me about this place. Wish I can step foot on this tourist destination as well, although I am afraid of its pricey cost. It's good that it wasn't the coldest when you were touring, Sis.

 
At March 10, 2014 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Cherry said...

Tokyo is in my dream holiday list, thank you for this! We may visit the beautiful city in the new few years. :)

 
At March 10, 2014 at 1:07 PM , Anonymous Marie said...

I hope to visit this place! My grandpa and my brother lived in Japan for sometime. Show more pics of the place, sis!

 
At March 11, 2014 at 8:50 PM , Anonymous Mai said...

Japan has always been a dream destination for me, because of the cherry blossoms and the beautiful gardens. But I don't mind shopping, too. I see Ameba Candy Collection in one of the photos, Hmmm, nice name, lolz.

 
At March 24, 2014 at 8:57 PM , Anonymous Raya said...

Japan is one interesting country that I would love to visit one day! Great photos and info about the country... Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home