02 July 2016

My Favorite Road Trip Playlist



Do you enjoy taking road trips with your family or friends? If you’re like me who loves to go on long road trips with family then perhaps you also make it a point to create your very own playlist to play while on the road. A long drive without good music to accompany it is just mere doldrums. Road trips are best enjoyed with music playing at the background to make the drive more lively and entertaining.

Creating a playlist is important when you want to enjoy a long road trip. A playlist is a group of songs that you add in a list so you can play them as a set or non-stop like a loop. Your playlist will be entirely dependent on your song choice, type of genre, and favourite singers or bands. Here is my own playlist. You’ll find it very eclectic because I follow a wide variety of genre. Most days, I compile a playlist as per genre and play them depending on my mood. However, on long road trips, I create playlist that is the embodiment of all my favourites regardless of genre. I try not to play sappy songs while driving though to prevent me from falling asleep behind the wheel. Most of my playlist collections include happy, perky, rock music to keep me awake and entertained, so are my passengers.


My eclectic road-trip playlist:

  1. Roadrunner by the Modern Lovers
  2. Shut Up and Drive by Rihanna
  3. Love Shack by The B-52s (Yes, I used to be a new waver!)
  4. Get Out Of My Dreams, Get Into My Car by Billy Ocean
  5. I'm Gonna Be 500 Miles by The Proclaimers
  6. Life Is  Highway by Tom Cochrane and the version too of Rascal Flatts
  7. Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
  8. Pumped Up Kicks by Katy McAllister
  9. Have Love Will Travel by The Sonics
  10. Ho Hey by The Lumineers
  11. The Boys of Summer by Don Henley
  12. Happy by Pharrell Williams
  13. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
  14. Sweet Child o' Mine by Guns N' Roses
  15. Raise Your Glass by Pink
  16. Cake By The Ocean by DNCE 
  17. Thrift Shop by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
  18. White Walls by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
  19. Good Life by One Republic
  20. Mercy by Duffy


Oh, the list goes on and on but so far, the songs above are my usual faves.


Whether it’s a car rental from companies like Turo (and who knows, your ride may come equipped with your fave tunes) or your very own, listening to your favourite tunes on a long drive is a nice way to de-stress and enjoy the task of long driving. So, what's in your playlist? Do share!
  

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At July 11, 2016 at 3:21 PM , Blogger carenmeman said...

Obe of my frustrations is creating a playlist on my phone! For the life of me Infeel like an imbecile not knowing how to 😂

 
At July 11, 2016 at 3:28 PM , Blogger carenmeman said...

My frustration! For the life of me I am unable to create a playlist on my phone :(

 
At July 12, 2016 at 5:07 PM , Blogger acodeza said...

I love road trips and how I wish I could also enjoy music with my family but we are into different kind of music so most of the time I only listen to my playlist on my phone

 
At July 12, 2016 at 8:30 PM , Anonymous eve winters said...

Oh, how I love road trips and road trips with music is so divine. I want Bob Marley to keep me awake.

 
At July 13, 2016 at 10:35 AM , Blogger The Seafarer's Wife Diaries said...

I love all of your play list sis. It will help you cool and make your mind relax.

 
At July 15, 2016 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I like all playlist. Thanks for sharing the helpful post. Great experience. Amex provides one of the Dubai Car Rental Service at cheap price

 
At July 15, 2016 at 3:43 PM , Blogger FX777222999 said...

You have great list of songs for your road trip but on my side, anything goes when it comes to music while traveling. The excitement heightened when I didn't have playlist at all.

 
At July 15, 2016 at 9:01 PM , Anonymous Zwitsy said...

I am not sure if I knew all of them but sure I am familiar with some of the songs you have listed. I will take a look at on youtube to see those ones you have listed here, I may like them too. hehehe

 
At July 16, 2016 at 3:21 PM , Anonymous Chubskulit Rose said...

We just had our roadtrip recently and I brought our collections of 80d mudoc lol. It's fun listening to old music.

 
At July 16, 2016 at 3:39 PM , Anonymous Jessica Cassidy said...

Those are fun music to listen while on a road trip Sis. I always turn on my CD every time I drive. I also sing as well while driving.

 
At July 16, 2016 at 10:38 PM , Blogger Teresa Martinez said...

Oh I should have my own play list but I wonder if I can ever use it as my two young children have their own and can't seem to agree on which to play ha ha

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home