02 September 2011

Netherlands for my 40th Birthday

Yes, I have made up my mind. After gathering data and checking on expenses, I chose Netherlands and not Switzerland.

This trip will be my 40th birthday gift to myself. Although it's not yet March but I am just checking out places to visit because I also want to do a side trip to Belgium and Denmark if the time and budget permits.

I will have to consider a lot of things for this trip. I have been to other European countries in the past so going through the visa formalities is nothing new to me and my family. It's going to be costly but I'll make sure that we'll make the most out of the trip.

I have another 5 months to finalize the trip and we'll probably apply for a Schengen visa on February or early March. My birthday is in March but my daughter's spring break from school in in April so we'll take the trip in April. I'll see the tulips in full bloom by that time!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At September 2, 2011 at 10:16 PM , Anonymous Liz said...

You still have a lot of time to save for Belgium and Denmark side trips. Sama mo ko!!! :)

A Simple Life
Moms... Check Nyo
Mommy's Little Corner
Yummy-as-can-be

 
At September 5, 2011 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Abby said...

OMG! I have a BFF living there. She keep on asking me when will I visit her?
I'm excited for you as well of the anticipation to read some of your future posts as well.

What is the best time to go there?
When mababa ang airfare?

hugs,
abby

http://tjournalloggger.wordpress.com/

 
At September 5, 2011 at 8:49 PM , Blogger riablahgs said...

Sis Abby! Thanks sa comments ha.
I have Dutch colleagues and they are saying so many beautiful things about the place. Not only that, even my other Pinoy friends who have been there say the same thing. Wag nga lng daw dun sa area na may red district especially if you have a kids in tow.
Spring time is the best time to go there around March-May due to the nice weather (although chances of rain is always high and guaranteed!) and beautiful blooms of tulips and other flowers. Medyo cool and breezy sa time na yun. We always travel during spring time tsaka fall para di masyadong malamig pero acceptable ang temperature para we don't have to bring thermal clothings.
Airfares will vary according to the season. Normally kapag walang mga events sa pupuntahan mo, low ang fares. Pero spring will be a high season kasi sa Europe, yan ang best traveling time and the students have spring break, same in the US areas. Pero some airlines offer promo deals if you buy your tickets in advance.

 
At September 12, 2011 at 8:37 AM , Anonymous Marms said...

Hi ria! stopped by to say hi!
how are you??? :D I hope everything's well.
congratulations on your new blog :)
I miss yah!

Take care, Mharms

 
At September 12, 2011 at 9:52 PM , Blogger riablahgs said...

HI Marly!!!

Kamusta na ang mommy? Oo nga, it's been a while since I last visited your blogs. Eto, I added your leytestar.com here para I can always blog hope kahit na saang blog ako :)

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs!!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home