20 August 2016

Next Stop, Budapest!




Yes! My friend and I got our visas few days ago. It was rather fast, around 5 days tops only. This is the first time my friend is travelling with me and her first to to travel in Europe. So she's excited.  I am too. Why, this is my first time to visit Central Europe and Hungary at that!

We both applied for a multiple entry visa but has been granted only single entry with a very short duration. I am too embarrassed to state the duration here. This is the very first time I have been granted a single entry ever since my family and I have been travelling to Europe. I am not sure what was the basis of their decision but who cares. We have our visas so the trip is on!

We are on a tight budget for this trip because I am in the process of applying for another visa for my husband and myself. I will tell you more about it next time when we also get that visa (wink!). For now, my budget is all allocated to travelling as much as I can because I want to enjoy it while I can and able.

I booked for an apartment for my friend and I and it is way cheaper than staying in a hotel. I got the good deal from Booking.com.  I also got a nice rate for return airport transfers with an add-on of Hop-on and Hop-off tour.

The apartment I booked is within walking distance to St. Stephen's Basilica and other notable landmarks in the area. So, as soon as we settle ourselves in the apartment, we'll head out the door and explore.

I am also excited with the souvenirs! I love collecting knicks and knacks from my travels abroad. I can't wait to get my hands on the fridge magnets, snow globes, and shot glasses.

We are leaving for Budapest this September and will be back shortly. It's just a short vacation during the Eid Holidays. It is a vacation that I have been dreaming about since I was little, to visit Budapest someday, and that someday is on Sept. 10, 2016.

Budapest, here we come!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home