01 June 2012

Dream Hotel in Manhattan

We stayed in upper Manhattan the first time we visited New York City. It was a very small and quaint hotel within a stone's throw away from the subway station and 2 blocks from the upper part of Central Park.

This time around, my husband got a very good deal at Booking.com. It was the flash deal of the day which was almost 50% off the rack rate. So, my husband booked our accommodation at Dream Hotel along 210 West 55th Street, between Broadway & 7th Avenues. I was excited because the hotel is very near the front area of Central Park and other famous areas in mid-Manhattan. The subway is also nearby so we can use the train if I get tired. The location is perfect! We found the hotel as soon as we got out of the subway station. It is at the corner street and there is a famous restaurant in the same place called Serafina. The lobby is a bit eclectic with a floor to ceiling tubular aquarium in the middle and a big bronze statues at the end of the lobby. It was hard to miss. It was a bit dark inside. I think it has a more modern gothic look and feel in the lobby. We were given a room at the 5th floor but there was hardly a view. I could not complain because we were barely in the hotel the whole time. In fairness though, the deluxe room was clean and tidied everyday. The bathroom is just right for us and there are amenities like mini bar that has a sensor, flat iron and board, iPod docking station, alarm clock and radio and a flat screen TV. Here are some of the pics I took on the hotel. It was a nice experience and I will recommend this hotel to everyone. On normal days though, it is a pricey hotel because of its proximity to famous places in Manhattan. We were lucky to get that deal!

I give my thumbs up on this hotel and will consider to stay here again on our next visit.



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home