02 June 2012

Summer Fun In Singapore

My daughter and I will have a bonding time in Singapore for 5 days from 4 to 8 of July. It is a full rest and relaxation trip so we won't be having so many side trips. I planned this trip in lieu of the 40th birthday trip I had in mind. I think Tokyo will have to wait for another year again. I just don't think we're ready for Japan yet. So, I asked my daughter if she wants to visit Universal Studios instead in Singapore. She loved the idea so I booked our tickets and hotels already. No backing out now!

I booked 2 nights in Hard Rock Hotel in Resorts World Sentosa via Booking.com. It was a flash deal where rates are 50% off but non-refundable. I wanted the Festive Hotel but it was not available on the dates I prefer. Anyway, I think Hard Rock Hotel is okay because I read a lot of good reviews about it. The pool is great and my daughter is looking forward to splash around like a mermaid! I hope they upgrade us to a pool-view room. Crossing fingers! The hotel is walking distance to Universal Studios so we can visit the attraction on foot!

 The other 2 nights are booked in Landmark Village Hotel in Victoria St. near Bugis. We will visit Bugis Junction and meet some friends as well. We don't intend to visit other attractions because we just want to see Universal Studios and the budget is strictly allocated to the hotels, food, transportation and other expenses. No shopping and other sight-seeing this time. Well, let's see if I can stick to the "without shopping" especially if the half of our stay in Singapore is near the shopping district. That will be a hard temptation to resist!

(Photo credits: Hard Rock Hotel from rwsentosa.com and Landmark Village Hotel from singapore.com)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home