27 August 2016

Few Days Until Budapest!

Yes, this travel bug is so excited even if Hungary gave me a very short duration of Schengen visa and a single entry for this trip I have planned for so long. Yes, I am a tad disappointed, having travelled to numerous European countries in multiple visa entry and very long duration, I am still excited to visit Budapest.

I cannot guarantee though that I will not write the embassy here to ask what their criteria is for providing me a single entry with only FOUR days duration when I applied for a multiple entry; I will certainly make it a point to know so next time, I know what to do.

Budapest is in my bucket list. I have always dreamed of visiting the place even when I was a kid. It is in my top list to visit before I seriously get old and weak to even move around. I am so curious of their past history of Communism and the beautiful architectural edifice around the city.

Well, I will be off on 10 to 13 September with my colleague who is traveling for the first time in Europe. I am not sure if she is as excited as I am but I hope she is because I want our level of energy to be in the same page because I can get very, very excited looking around a place I have listed in my bucket list.

So, I am getting giddy checking the places we will visit in the city. We won't be traveling to other nearby countries anymore considering the very tight duration Hungary gave us. The apartment I have booked is near St. Stephen's Basilica which is a famous site in Budapest, having been the usual location for their Christmas Market and a nice focal point for tourists. It is within walking distance from where we will stay and from there, we will explore the Danube and check out the "shoes" monument positioned along the river bank. We will also walk around Nyugati Ter and check out some shops in the Central Market.

I am excited and I cannot stop talking about it. This is one of the shorted Euro trip I have ever done so I better make the most of it! Watch out for the pics!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home