14 July 2012

Universal Studios Singapore July 2012

Yes, finally! My daughter and I had an amazing time in Universal Studios Singapore last July 5, 2012. It was just a mere 10 minutes walk away from our hotel in the Resorts World Sentosa so going there was a breeze.

I paid S$74 for each of us for an adult one-day peak pass because our date of visit fell during the peak season. I bought it online few weeks in advance to ensure that our entrance was covered because you just don't know if it would become too crowded.

We were there around 11:00 a.m. There was gray overcast but I didn't anticipate heavy rain on that day. Good thing we bought rain coats so even if it was raining like cats and dogs, we managed to go around wearing our rain coats. The rain stopped around 1:00 p.m. so it was cool to roam around again and ride the other attractions.



There are 7 areas in Universal Studios Singapore namely:


  • Hollywood - near the entrance, has souvenir shops and other food outlets like the Mel's Diner   and Hollywood China Bistro. We had lunch at the latter. It was quite pricey but it was delicious. Celebrity Cafe and Bakeshop is also in this place.
  • New York - you can find the Lights, Camera, Action attraction here. This is where I had a pose with Marilyn Monroe and watched the Sesame Street characters performed.
  • Sci-fi City - Transformers Ride and Battlestar Galactica Human vs. Cylon ride and the Accelerator are  in this area. 
  • Ancient Egypt - The very scary Revenge of the Mummy ride is right here. Treasure Hunt is another slow ride which is okay for kids and even myself with hypertension.
  • Lost World - Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure, Canopy Flyer, Dino-Soarin' rides are right here. Water World is also found in this area. 
  • Far, Far, Away - The very fun and exciting Shrek 4D ride is in this area. I had so much fun in this simulator ride. Magic Potion shop is also here which is a merchandise store. There are some food outlets here too.
  • Madagascar - The fun Madagascar: A Crate Adventure ride is found here. I love this ride so much although we all got wet because of Marty. No, I will not give any spoiler here :) You have to go to Universal Studios and enjoy the ride!


I managed to take pictures with Marilyn Monroe and Betty Boop. I was looking for the other characters but didn't catch them. Better luck next time!

The whole Universal Studios experience is so wonderful. My daughter  would like to go back and take her dad with her so she could try out the other rides we missed during our visit because of my condition. I wanted to take the rides but I was hyperventilating already just reading the description and looking at the other riders who got out of the rides. However, I know I missed so much on the other famous rides, I still look forward to go back and this time, with my hubby who is as adventurous as my princess.

I do recommend this place to everyone. It is a wholesome, family-oriented theme park in Singapore.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home