28 August 2012

New York - My Favorite Fall Destination

The slight drop in temperature and the cool breeze blowing to my face is a pleasant respite from the extreme summer months of the UAE. We normally don't go anywhere aside from the Philippines during summer because of our work and the request of relatives back home to visit them. So, our family annual trip' destination usually falls on the beautiful, cool weather of autumn.

We have spent autumn in Munich, Istanbul and New York. I would say, New York tops my autumn go to place. The weather can be chilly and balmy at night but I love the cold weather. Autumn in Europe is fine too but I just don't feel that certain autumn charm that New York has.

Here are the reasons why I love New York in autumn:

1. The trees in Central Park are bright and colorful with different hues of orange, red, yellow and brownish/burnt sienna tones of leaves.

2. The sky is clear and sunny and the air is crisp.

3. Nice time to have picnic at the park.

4. People watching while enjoying a hot cup of joe.

5. I don't get tired walking around in boots!

6. The city is bustling again because summer campers are back.

Don't you just love NY in autumn? I think I am biased. I just love the place no matter what season of the year.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At September 1, 2012 at 9:51 PM , Anonymous Gizelle said...

Fall is my favorite season to take photos of...Vienna would be a lovely place for autumn but I would love to see Central park full of yellow and brown leaves too. :)

 
At September 1, 2012 at 11:00 PM , Blogger iAmAnnaMarie said...

Wow, so you're a world traveler! Inggit ako...LOL! New York is in my list of to-visit place. I am hoping I can do that soon and see for myself the things you described in your post.

 
At September 2, 2012 at 9:01 PM , Blogger riablahgs said...

Thanks sisters for your comments :) My husband and I have been blessed to work in an airline industry so we get to enjoy the travel perks :) I haven't visited Austria yet but my daughter is prodding us to take her there next. I hope we'll have enough budget for another European autumn tour.

 
At September 2, 2012 at 9:02 PM , Blogger riablahgs said...

Thanks sis! I believe in making your dreams come true. If you dream it and work hard for it then you'll have it. Looking forward to hear from you again and tell me once you have visited NYC, regardless of season. :)

 
At September 2, 2012 at 9:03 PM , Blogger riablahgs said...

Oh, I would love to see Austria in autumn too! We actually want to visit when it's a bit cold so we can enjoy the Christmas markets. :)

 
At September 5, 2012 at 2:01 AM , Blogger Pinay Travel Junkie said...

I love the colors of fall! Hope to see NY someday when we make it back to US.

 
At September 6, 2012 at 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite place is New York , aside from my hometown Davao. I will never get tired of that place....when you come back to NY, let me know right away :-)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home